A/C Blower Motor Fluttering Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a number of errands to run the other day. On the third start up the A/C fan motor began to make a fluttering sound like a leaf was hitting the blades. Two days later and it has not abated. Not sure if it's me but also does seem to be slightly warmer inside the cab but it has been in the 90s every day. Auto still cools down to 66 degree setting.

Any ideas?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might actually be leaves in the fan. On the NBS we can pull the filter and check but you'll have to pull the blower motor unless you've done the filter mod.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scrubbed that cabin filter mod but looks like I should put it back on my things to do list! Thanks!
I would, I don't understand why GM would delete such a cheap part that definitely has a purpose. Last time I pulled mine, it was full of leaves and pine needles and dirt.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the cabin filter mod using the Dorman kit, the filter is one piece so the whole length was cut, quite a bear up front. Anyway there is a little less pressure now, kind of expected that but the noise has not gone away.

Used the Tech2 and pulled up 2 codes, B0413 Symptom 61 and B0228 Symptom 05. Truck has always had a slight issue with the latter, the recirculation goes to open once the interior has cooled off, it never stays on recirculate when you turn it back on. The first I was sitting in the truck when it happened.

I believe the latter to be a loose wire, the former is a stuck door, but which one? Will replacing the actuator fix it? A relearn did not.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the cabin filter mod using the Dorman kit, the filter is one piece so the whole length was cut, quite a bear up front. Anyway there is a little less pressure now, kind of expected that but the noise has not gone away.

Used the Tech2 and pulled up 2 codes, B0413 Symptom 61 and B0228 Symptom 05. Truck has always had a slight issue with the latter, the recirculation goes to open once the interior has cooled off, it never stays on recirculate when you turn it back on. The first I was sitting in the truck when it happened.

I believe the latter to be a loose wire, the former is a stuck door, but which one? Will replacing the actuator fix it? A relearn did not.
My 13 recirculated has to be pushed every time you shut off vehicle and restart... i pull the blower motor and see if a leaf or something is caught in it somehow...just throwin out ideas

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, should do that too before ordering parts and tearing into it. Cleared the codes tonight and counts on both were within specs but the interior was cool and the blower wasn't spinning too hard and was too busy driving in the rain with all those knuckleheads on the road to fool with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep