99 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pedro_65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK new here so I got a question my 99 tahoe shake like crazy in the front I can be driving and all of a sudden it shakes I have to slow down or step on the gas for it to stop and if I turn the wheel any way slightly it does it again how do I fix it

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Can't believe nobody replied here.

There's a few different things it can be. Tie rod(s), pitman arm could even be loose steering gear box. Best thing to do is crawl under there, use ramps if you have to but keep the weight on the wheels, and have someone turn the wheel side to side with engine off. Not where it's physically turning the tires, your just looking at all the moving joints for excessive movement. You can also squeeze the tie rods with a big pair of channel locks to look for excessive play in ball and socket of tie rod ends. But you will see this with someone wiggling steering wheel back and forth. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman