99 Tahoe LS- auto on/ off headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhollow55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '99 Tahoe LS has the manual headlight switch. I was wondering, has anyone ever converted the standard headlight switch to the auto on/off switch? What would be needed to do that conversion? I imagine there is more to it than just swapping the switch.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’d need the sensor that sits on the dash and for the computer to know what it is and what to do with it

NastyNate98

Reaction score
My '99 Tahoe LS has the manual headlight switch. I was wondering, has anyone ever converted the standard headlight switch to the auto on/off switch? What would be needed to do that conversion? I imagine there is more to it than just swapping the switch.

I wish my 98 had the manual lights. It has a switch but the DRLs are always on. I pulled the sensor from my 99 express van and that did the trick. I could sell it to you if you need one, but might be easier to stop by your nearest salvage yard.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple of kits on line and a few YouTube videos on doing it without a kit