99' Tahoe in Arizona From NY

Are Spyder Auto headlights junk?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mange16v

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 99' Tahoe in Arizona with 72,000 miles on it. Out here for work from new York and I was determined to come home with something rust free to make a project out of. (Unfortunately it didn't wind up being a 70' Firebird...)

Last owner worked for Nasa at white sands, great guy. Glad he couldn't figure out why the battery was draining though. Picked it up for 4 grand with All new A/C components, brand new tires, Struts, Battery, radiator, hoses and a few other things here and there.

So far I have done MSD wires, new plugs, Magnaflow cats, unplugged the damn vanity mirrors and next is a Trans filter change, extra magnet and Dex VI change. I'm limited to what I can do in a hotel parking lot for now.

Does anyone know of any good aftermarket headlight companies? I like the black projectors from Spyder Auto, but they seem like they are junk from what I have been reading...

The to do list which will probably be slow going until I get home:

New headlights with HID's and smoke the rest of the lights
Exhaust
Headers (both dependent on if I supercharge or turbo it)
BDS 4.5" Suspension lift (they don't actually list the 99' so I'm waiting to hear back if it will work on mine since its not AWD and 4x4)
Wheels and Tires
Cam
Spacers
Re-spray
Not necessarily in that order

As soon as my dirtbike carrier arrives ill be making the 2500 mile journey home with a few offroad stops on the way.

iyTWPgk.jpgWIDpKPD.jpg
xKV5eW5.jpgGs48EmI.jpg

OP
OP
Mange16v

Mange16v

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sure is, I am going to break it up with a few stops at ATV parks. One in Texas, Alabama and West Virginia I'll stop at.

OP
OP
Mange16v

Mange16v

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes sir, it was the Vanity mirrors. I was thinking the Light under the hood at first but I checked the mirrors and they were always on. Good to go now. Putting in an aftermarket head unit before I leave as well.

You should see underneath. I did the cats in the parking lot and I only had to use a breaker bar on one nut. I had a supercab F350 with a 7.3 diesel but I sold it because I had to put the passenger seat all the way up and the dog in the front seat. Well and good but I like my other half so needed something where she could sit up front. I'm liking all the storage in this too. Going to double as a camper on the way home.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Eric!! Nice Tahoe!!

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure is, I am going to break it up with a few stops at ATV parks. One in Texas, Alabama and West Virginia I'll stop at.

Cant think of a better way to see the country side,.. (coming from an ex-motocross rider)....enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins