99 suburban suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. So im wondering if i need to lift my burb alot to clear oem rep 22 inch wheels with an all terrain tire in a factory size or close to one. My wife is short and made me put the running boards back on so i cant do a 6 inch lift like we planned cause she doesn’t want to have to climb and i refuse to buy those drop down running boards.

Id like to replace the rear springs due to sagging so id like to get a new spring pack that will be a little taller that stock so i dont have to use a block, and im planning to replace all the front end parts and swap control arms out for some that will allow me to turn the torson keys to lift the front and not bottom out the upper arm. Also looking in to stronger torson bars to help with the weight of a ranch hand full front bumper with winch. Do they make taller spring packs for the rear? And will stock 2500 keys raise the front enough to keep it level or do i need to buy one of those level kits with new keys for the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put an add a leaf in the back and crank the front a little if you need to once the wheels go on

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ Agreed on the add a leaf

They made HD torsion bars for the GMT400s that were equipped with a plow package (mainly in the NorthEast) I'm sure you could Google that easy enough(I don't know the part number off the top of my head.

On to other thought..........are you going to do some type of brake up grade if your set on 22" wheels with AT tires? That's adding a bunch of rotational mass on a platform with an already sub par braking system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore