'99 4x4 Tahoe loud squeak front passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gossamer

Reaction score
I have a very loud squeak/creeking noise from right front passenger side wheel area when rolling. Only does it if tire is on the ground. Hub is fine....no play in it. Doesn't go away when brakes are applied. Can't pinpoint exact area of noise....certainly right behind the wheel though.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You could be hearing a brake pad sensor or something rubbing the rotor, like..........? You didn't say if turning or going straight make a difference. I would suspect a very dry upper or lower ball joint or tie rod. The hub having no play does not mean it is all good. Could have a noise from it and be tight. Remove tire and wheel and look at the damn thing! LOL! If you did remove wheel and look, then why didn't you say so!?

By the way, this post belongs in the 91-99 section. C'mon man!

OP
OP
Gossamer

Gossamer

Reaction score
You could be hearing a brake pad sensor or something rubbing the rotor, like..........? You didn't say if turning or going straight make a difference. I would suspect a very dry upper or lower ball joint or tie rod. The hub having no play does not mean it is all good. Could have a noise from it and be tight. Remove tire and wheel and look at the damn thing! LOL! If you did remove wheel and look, then why didn't you say so!?

By the way, this post belongs in the 91-99 section. C'mon man!

I didn't think I would need to mention that the wheel was taken off and everything was inspected...anybody with half a brain would've figured that out...smh
What is your malfunction? Please don't reply if you can't offer insight to my problem. It is not a ball joint. It is related to the shaft which powers the front when in 4 wheel drive. That is where the damn noise is coming from.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First off, I don't assume things and secondly you are now posting info that was not included in the original post. Assuming gets people in trouble. But I assumed you had a brain and actually wanted help. Don't worry, I will remember your name NEWBIE and be sure to skip right past your crap. After all, who would want help from an ASE Master Tech with 35 years experience. You snowflakes know it all any way. By the way, shove it up your poop shute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu