98 Yukon transfer case fill plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazz

Reaction score
Hey all,

So it's not 3/8 or a quarter and it's not 5/16 pipe plug anybody have another socket size to try because none of those work??

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was a 3/8". But I had some kind of metal ball with a clip on it inside that I had to pop out at first.

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
It looks like I might not have to deal with it. I had replaced the u joints last week because of a terrible clicking sound and that sound still remains after replacing the joints. I had the rear wheels up in the air to check the brakes and spun the tire and I could still hear the clicking but it wasn't from the tire -it appears to be from the transfer case rear output shaft bearings. I'm not sure that this is something that I can do -I might have to take it in the shop and have them re-work the transfer case and I would have them pull the bolts at the same time. I'm still looking for a guide that shows me how to replace the bearings in the transfer case and if it looks like something that I can tackle great if not off to the shop it goes!but thanks for the replies, I appreciate it! I have a video I just can't figure out how to upload it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9