98 Yukon- No 4wd light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazz

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Currently in the process of restoring the most important feature of the vehicle for me- the 4WD. It failed me during an elk hunt in the winter, and I had to pay for a recovery.

Apparently I did something right this year, and got picked for the same hunt. I'm really going to need this 4WD working.

I have a 1998 Yukon with the 4 panel 4-WD. I've done a lot of googling, and most of the pages I'm coming across are .. "My 4wd lights flash when I start the truck but then I got nothing. "..

I don't even get that. I have 0 lights, at any time. My #2 and #24 fuses look good. When I hit 4Hi- nothing happens but 4Lo something seems to engage.

I'm thinking the 4wd front axle actuator? Am I in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
Lucky.

Took off the dash and checked the switch. When I hit the wires the light came on! So I got it to where it stayed on and cycled through 2 and 4 hi. Seems to work.

I think the switch is bad and I've ordered a new one. For anyone who stumbles across this, check your connections =)

And to think this cost me $400 in recovery fees.. oh man.

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
Ah not so fast! 4WD HI works but not lo. It try, and clicks, but defaults back to 4hi. Progress at least!

Anyone know where a next step is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC