98 tahoe stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joelb72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a problem with my 98 tahoe i was driving on the freeway i turned on the cruise control and immediately it started to hesitate like it was running out of gas so i tried to give more gas but it stalled out by the time i got off the freeway i tried starting it again but it wouldn't start all it did was crank, got it towed home and tried starting it again now it won't start or crank any suggestions what ii might be. Thanks

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First check the battery connections especially the RED for looseness. Set in the car where it's quite, turn the key ON ONLY, did you hear the fuel pump run and stop ( 3 seconds) if you hear nothing, replace the fuel pump. I recommend AC Delco only. Good luck.
David g............:2cents:

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't crank at all? So, you turn the key over and it does nothing... does it try very slowly or absolutely nothing tries to crank? If that's the case, I would be looking at battery and alternator first.

OP
OP
J

Joelb72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It won't crank at all? So, you turn the key over and it does nothing... does it try very slowly or absolutely nothing tries to crank? If that's the case, I would be looking at battery and alternator first.

It does nothing at all. Ill check those two things ill keep u posted