'97 Yukon Blower Motor Burnt Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.Kell628

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another blower motor issue. Seems like there's a lot of these. I have a 1997 yukon 5.7 4x4. I just replaced the relay and still nothing, no click. It started with the fan going out, no speeds worked, and it would occasionally come back on. Somethings on and off over bumps even. I havnt checked the resistor yet but the symptoms don't seem to lead to that.

The plug going to the blower motor is very burnt
20150816_114753_zps4p3h3hwk.jpg

Do I need to replace the whole blower motor? How do I replace this plug? Can I just cut it and solder a new one on? Where can I get that?

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
I have had numerous issues with the plugs, both at the back of the control and the one you show. I changed them several times, only for them to fail again. As the blower motor worked well and sounded fine, it was the last thing I checked. I measured the current draw at the motor. It was pulling 10.3 amps. Swapped the motor with a new Delco one. Current draw went down to 6.2 amps. I have had no issues since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224