'97 2-door Tahoe - 6" suspension 3" body with 37s looking to take it down a notch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Evan Garcia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pics below. I ran over to the shop today, and unfortunately I'm still in the same predicament...

They gave it a causal look over and didn't think there was anything I really needed to address. The only thing he noted is that he thinks that one of the boots may beginning to crack and to keep an eye on it. He said to take the body lift off I'm looking at around 1K. So it's probably best that I just keep it as is; go with 35s; and replace any front-end parts that may be a little worn out.

We didn't get too much into the front-end parts conversation because he said he'd have to pull into the bay and take a good look. Before I do that and he tells me that I need XYZ replaced, what would yall expect to have to replace? Any guess as to cost?

While all that may address the stress of putting a ton of miles on it. I don't think it fully addresses my height issue. Well, assuming that I only loose 2 inches with swapping tires (37s to 35s)... Is it one for one like that?

I can post more pics if need be. Let me know! Thanks again for all the help - I'm glad I found this forum!!

View attachment 66252 image.jpeg View attachment 66254 image.jpeg

View attachment 66256

Last edited:

lukc22

Reaction score
Everything being equal, 37 to 35 is 1 inch lower... the other inch is at the top of the tire... Also, if you get 35's with big lugs, it may not be much lower than bald 37's.... I would say just replace parts as needed if they break... probably a rebuild of the 4l60e tranny is coming...

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditching the body lift is undoing around 6 bolts I think. 1000 dollars for that seems RETARDED. He's totally bending you over for that amount of money. that's assuming the lift is just pucks on the 6 or 8 body mount points. Stupid simple to do.

I'm running 37" MT tires on a 4" superlift suspension lift. Well I was until the Dana 44 up front happened....the tires would rub at about 3/4 lock right and left but otherwise did fine. Pretty sure the bars were cranked.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the fab tech is like the rough country, you had to cut off a bracket off of your frame when you installed it. Correct ? If you ended up going that route I would make sure that anything you put on suspension wise has the same installation directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17