96 Tahoe dies while driving and won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nightflyer

Nightflyer

Reaction score
Servus,

I've not measured the pressure while cranking...:( what should it be?
The distributor cap is from acdelco. The TPS is at 0% when closed.
I've tried it with the unpluged MAF and air temperature sensor...nothing...:(

But there is something that i've forgot: The last weeks when myy chevy works, there was something strange: when i cranked the engine, the chevy won't start. But when i stopped cranking it seems like, that the engine starts very slowly.....not all cylinders are firing. It's like one cylinder...then the other, etc. Like an old diesel..;) but when the engine works, everything is fine. good idle, etc... You know what i mean? I don't know how to explain it in english, sry...:(

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read that it requires 55-psi.

You could check to see if the pump isn't getting enough voltage. You'd unplug the pump harness (and I assume it's in a crappy location) and then jumper the pump test connector to battery positive. Then see if you have 12V at the pump connector.

Test connector is here by the fuse box, it has a red wire going to it...

305d4e7bc8ae4ed4039c4f4a286d1131.jpg

Referencing GM's fuel test procedure a few posts up, you're technically at step #15. I would just continue from there.

There could be a restriction in the fuel line or bad filter causing the pressure drop or next step is to check for a faulty regulator which would seem unlikely since you just replaced it.

I don't know...but it seems like it would turn over at 59-psi. I'm not sure how you would flush a fuel line out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts