96 2dr rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 4 x 10' in the rear... do they use the same factory connectors as the front / rear door 6.5? i used the adapters off ebay with great success on the fronts. also , are the 4x10's really shallow depth or will most anything fit there?

thanks

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put a ton of effort in the rears... they're really only good for filler. I'm running a pair of Memphis power reference 4x10's with maybe 75 watts on them and it's plenty.

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put a ton of effort in the rears... they're really only good for filler. I'm running a pair of Memphis power reference 4x10's with maybe 75 watts on them and it's plenty.

thanks , that makes sense, but i was also wondering about the actual mounting depth back there... do we need shallow speakers because of the locatin in the roof?

tooslowtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont think you need shallow speakers, Ive never seen shallow in 4x10, and the connectors are different IIRC.

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i replaced my rear 4 x 10's today. the stock units werent in good shape at all. however , when i go tthem wired in , they sounded absolutlely pathetic. i have the stock head unit still , but shouldt they sound somewhat ok? i checked the polarity of both just to make sure. when the fader is put to the rear , it REALLY sucks... and when i strat to find the fade abalance , the fronts really take over at a certain point. i am planing to go with an aftermarket HU soon , but still i didnt think it would be that bad

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sounds so bad w/ them, sq or volume and what were your expectations? I've got a pair of Memphis power reference 4x10's on close to 100 watts and they're only good for filler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sounds so bad w/ them, sq or volume and what were your expectations? I've got a pair of Memphis power reference 4x10's on around 100 watts and they're only good for filler.

well they way it is right now , i dont even know they are there. even if they are just fillers , i want them to fill at least. if i turn my head to the right i cant even pic them out.. sounds like its all front. maybe its supposed to be just for the rear passengers? i guess when i upgrade to a decent HU , i can fade them in so at least i get some sound from the back. do guys with 2 doors usually add 6 x 9 boxes under the rear seat to get some "quadraphonic " effect?

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to what is usually done, but I'm running a set of 3 way components and can position the sound where I want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9