95 Tahoe...plastic affords

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nightflyer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

How can i remove these plastic affords (i'll hope that's the correct translation) from my 95 Tahoe?

I would like to install some yellow sidemarkers...;)

Best regards from Germany

Matthias
chevy.PNG

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either let them bake in the sun to warm up, or use a heat gun, but dont melt the paint, then you can try to pull them off, or use fishing line behind them to cut the adhesive, or use a plastic scraper to lift and pull it off.

dont go nuts and just tear em off once you get it started, you can rip the paint off too sometimes.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ What Scott said. Pick up a few plastic putty scrapers and a a heat gun. Start by heating up one end from the outside enough to make the adhesive on the inside release, then peel away that end. Once you get one end of the moulding up, you can direct the heat under it to speed up the process. Heat up the foam tape/adhesive and pry it away from the body with the putty scraper. Heat it up just enough to get the adhesive to release and no more or you can damage the paint. Also, be mindful so that you don't melt the scraper.

31bHnkBPpVL._SY355_.jpg

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I used a heat gun, my hands, a drill, and a rubber eraser wheel.
As stated, start off at one corner and slowly pull as you heat up the adhesive. Don't worry if you leave a lot of adhesive on the body, that's what the eraser wheel is for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman