95 tahoe clunking when in 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 95 tahoe its was just fine and then all the sudden it started clunking when in 4wd hi and lo not in 2hi. so i did the things that make sense changed both u joints on the front drive shaft and both cv axels still have same problem so then i tried the actuator and still the same problem to me it sounds like its coming from the front of the vehicle. Im wondering if any of you guys have had this before and im thinking the problem is in the front diff but im looking for advice before i tear into it

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

a little more info it only does it under acceleration or hard braking. Any idea would be greatly appreciated

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You could either be skipping teath on your ring and pinion or the axle engagement mechanism is slipping out of lock. What condition is your fluid in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA