95-99 GM truck Double Din install (TheDetaillSS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

959808GM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I can buy Metra part 95-3003G for $20 and that's all I need to install a double DIN??

Yukon96

Reaction score
You will still have to hack up inside the dash a bit for the double din to fit, and the bezel too. Also move the A/C control down some, I'm afraid.o_O

getonerd

Reaction score
Call local junkyards or see if someone it parting out your vehicle just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Scariano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write-up on this. I am close to doing the same myself this summer. The Metra kit is more like 2 hundred not 13.00. It includes an entirely new bezel, which will have to be dyed to match your interior color.

Both ways work out just fine, but if your lazy like me, the metro kit will save some of the leg work. Having said that, all of these post are correct. You still have to put in a little leg work and those dang AC controllers are brittle and feel like they are made from cheap plastic. Although I'm sure it's just due to the aging of the plastic itself.

Moving onto an entirely separate topic (not to thread jack) here but I'm curious as to if anyone has installed rear view cameras with a double din unit? Which head unit is best for NAV, Rear view camera, etc?

fishingwizard

Reaction score
I am looking for the a reasonably priced double din with the backup camera, bluetooth, and gps for my 99 hoe. With the Metra kit, looks like the only thing that needs to be done is a wet sand and match the dash paint color, trimming the inside of the dash aside. I like that I could gain the cubby hole as I have the factory cd player.

Great install Donnie. Thanks for the write up!

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks amazing! definitely the route I want to go! Thanks for the right up Donnie, excellent instructions!