95-99 GM truck Double Din install (TheDetaillSS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed mine, I cut the lower lip off inside the dash. Where the bezel sits in. How did you repair yours?

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didn't have the fiberglass skills or anything so i simply just set in some plastic resin let dry and drilled it out little by little until i could feel the prong grab, its still not perfect but I'm not worried about it

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got mine in too!

FINALLY! ahter 2wks of I've finally found time to finish it, I dont have a garage so God bless the wifie for puttin up with the loud sounds of my dremel at nite lol, anyway, its in and I'll most likely be redoing it because I used way too much bondo. Used the same kit from thedetailSS just the bezel cut out and bracket though not the whole dash, put my cheapo Pyle 7 inch touch screen and other than not being very bright during the day it works pretty well too.

Attachments

• IMAG0283.jpg
    IMAG0283.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 148
OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good man:Handshake: , i hope the ricky helped a bit

yedi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wow. that's a lot of work. I did a double DIN install, and all it takes is a little careful cutting of the surround. Another tip instead of drilling all those holes to remove the inner pieces is heat up a metal putty knife/scrapper and it cuts right through that stuff with no mess. Good write up though. Double din is the way to go!

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow. that's a lot of work. I did a double DIN install, and all it takes is a little careful cutting of the surround. Another tip instead of drilling all those holes to remove the inner pieces is heat up a metal putty knife/scrapper and it cuts right through that stuff with no mess. Good write up though. Double din is the way to go!

Thanks for the Tip, I didn't even think of that .

Yukon96

Reaction score
Hey All. I picked up a 7 inch touch screen for cheap, so, I decided to take the leap and proceeded to hack up the dash with a Dremel tool and a hack saw. I didn't want to loose the covey hole below the AC control panel, so ended up mounting the unit a little higher than most would. I really didn't have to take much out behind the stereo and AC control to do this. I dropped the AC control about 1/4 inch. Just took a little off the shelf it sits on. And cut about half of the clips on each side to drop it enough. To mount the stereo unit. I cut the sides off the single din adapter I had, mounted them to the stereo and it snapped right in. I trimmed the bezel accordingly. Had to take more at the top than I would of liked, but, all in all, it turned out pretty good. Due to time constraints, I haven't really finish the bezel mod completely. With a little epoxy to smooth out the lines and paint, I should have it looking pretty sharp soon. Hope this helps someone, should they take the leap.Yukon Touchscreen.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC