8" lift for 2 door 98 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeyHustle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm trying to locate an 8" lift for my 98 Tahoe. I don't want to do the 6" + body lift. Does anyone still make 8" kits for the obs Chevys?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Mert

Reaction score
Hi,
Full Throttle Suspension has a few different sizes up to 15inches.
But they are crazy expensive and the price will have to come up since you will be changing literally everything.
With my superlift (6inch), i didn't even change the shaft. No vibrations or abnormalities. Running 35inches with 4.88 gears.
Compare & Calculate. You'll see it Doesn't worth spending. Get an LS swap instead. Just my 2cents.

OP
OP
M

MikeyHustle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great info. The 9.5 they offer is 3800... That's more than I expected. I guess I'm back into 6" world :(

Thank you for the info

Mert

Reaction score
I have no regrets with my Superlift. Costed about 1300. But i didn't use the shocks. Went with Bilstein 5100s. Which was extra. Btw never forget the regearing expenses. I went with 4.88s for 35inch tires. 4.56s are fine but i'm a sucker for power.
And lastly, i don't have autotrack. They say you have to change the front drive shaft with autotrack. I hope you can skip that step or it's another $500.

But if you can find a used Dick Cepek kit from classifieds or craigslist. Just go for that. That's the best lift kit ever produced for an OBS. And maybe you can get away cheaper
:hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons