7 pin plug for trailer lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum. I have a 2004 Yukon SLT that is having the exact same problem. I was hoping someone found a solution.
Id take a test lite to your 7 pin.... each pin is labeled, have someone step on brakes as you test the pin then disconnect the harness from behind the 7 pin and check it there.... trailer connections get corroded so check ur ground back there too

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wiring inside my 7 pin plug was bad. It was in the actual harness. I clipped the wiring and bought the Hopkins 47210 and wired it in. Solved all my issues.

04 Yukon SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Id take a test lite to your 7 pin.... each pin is labeled, have someone step on brakes as you test the pin then disconnect the harness from behind the 7 pin and check it there.... trailer connections get corroded so check ur ground back there too

Thank you, I will start testing today and let you know what happens.

04 Yukon SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wiring inside my 7 pin plug was bad. It was in the actual harness. I clipped the wiring and bought the Hopkins 47210 and wired it in. Solved all my issues.

Thank you

I will disconnect the wiring harness and hit it with a test light. I appreciate the advice, this thing is getting frustrating.

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea mine was getting very frustrating. That Hopkins harness was the cheapest option to keep all of my lighting controls and it was around 30 bucks at auto zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts