6.2L L94 & 6L80 into my 1992 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More attractive, but yes. That's the basic design philosophy. :)

Steveman2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So out of curiousity, since I feel like a tablet won't take up the entire cluster area, what are you going to use to fill in the gaps and make it look more original? Also, how are you planning on switching the display to show between tow/haul, normal and sport modes? And this one is more for what I was hoping but is there a way to save multiple fuel maps, like the newer corvette does? Such as eco mode which uses V4 mode more often, sport for extra power and tow/haul for trans shifting changes?

OP
OP
N

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be building a new instrument pod. The tablet display is about the same width as the area the actual gauges take up on my '92, but a bit taller. So there is more actual area for the gauges, but a new pod is required for the extra height. To the left and right of the tablet will be lights for turn signals, high beam, 4WD, etc. To the right of that will be another flat panel display for navigation, music, radar detector control, etc. Depending on how ambitious I get with the new pod, I may have a 3rd display in the center of the dash.

It's possible to use the current pod I think, and have a slot in the top of the pod for the bezel of the tablet. There's a lot of details and un-answered questions that I'll have to dig into and start fabricating before I know all of the answers. That'll come this winter.

Switching the display will either happen by swiping the display left and right or touch buttons. I haven't decided yet. Another thing for this winter. (I'm too addicted to kiteboarding to spend much time doing anything else April through November...)

I'm not familiar at all with any fuel modes that can be selected. They don't exist on truck motors as far as I know. Tow mode--as you mentioned--is a different shifting pattern. It has to be activated with a mechanical switch, and you must have a BCM in order to activate it. I plan on getting Tow mode active later. As far as I know there is no way to show when it is active or not without factory gauges. You could rig a mechanical switch that would cycle a light, but it wouldn't actually show Tow mode, it would show even or odd switch cycles. So if it got out of synch it would show the opposite of what you have.

Last edited:

Steveman2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hate how it took me almost a week to discover my confusion- I forgot you were working on a '92, which has the old squared dash. I thought you were attempting to put a tablet into the crescent shaped dash of 95+. My bad haha. And that's disappointing with the fuel modes, but I suppose corvettes need to be different somehow huh? :p

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final install pictures? Driving videos? Your really stringing us along here man!

Camar068

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Signed up just for this post. Thanks Nak for all the info. Couple questions for you regarding the transmission/transfer case.

-What adapter did you use to go from the 6l80 to the np241?
-Where did you get the input shaft from?
-I didn't notice you programming the transmission too much. Can you elaborate or throw some links up? I don't know a thing about programming btw.

I've got a 2006 5.3/4l60 in the garage with plans to put into my 86 K10. I've got an NP208, but will swap to an NP241 provided it's not gonna kill the bank adapting it to a 6l80. I may be screwed from the git go because the bolt pattern to your adapter may not work with an NP241 passenger drop. If I can get an NP241, adapter and input shaft for say $700, I'll do it.

Thanks Again for all the info, you've given me hope LOL

More attractive, but yes. That's the basic design philosophy. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC