6.2 Tahoe Vin ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to be back after selling my 07 several years ago (not my choice). I am pretty sure the pic in the top right of the screen is of my 07. I am in the market to pick up another one and have been doing alot of lurking on different sites. I was surprised to read about the 09's getting the 6.2 if ordered right. This has me thinking of scouting for one vs putting a supercharger or engine work on a 5.3. I sold my TBSS to get into the 07 so it did feel somewhat slow and I had wanted to do some work to it.
Depending on the web site I have been able to pull up several for sale but wanted to know how to tell by the vin code to see if they really have it listed correctly.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to be back after selling my 07 several years ago (not my choice). I am pretty sure the pic in the top right of the screen is of my 07. I am in the market to pick up another one and have been doing alot of lurking on different sites. I was surprised to read about the 09's getting the 6.2 if ordered right. This has me thinking of scouting for one vs putting a supercharger or engine work on a 5.3. I sold my TBSS to get into the 07 so it did feel somewhat slow and I had wanted to do some work to it.
Depending on the web site I have been able to pull up several for sale but wanted to know how to tell by the vin code to see if they really have it listed correctly.

The 09 Tahoe with the 6.2 is a perfect sleeper. Everyone usually assumes my Tahoe is just another 5.3 running around, until they try and pass me, haha.