6.2 for Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this making the rounds on the car blogs the past couple of days. Pretty nice sounding package for sure.

Really the only reason I went Escalade instead of Tahoe was to get the 6.2, so now that it's available in the Chevy...... hmmmmmm.... might just have to swap the '15 Escalade for an '18 Tahoe

JWBGMC

Reaction score
6.2 AND 10sp auto!
I recommend the 6.2 liter engine no matter what. It is my understanding that Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon owners can choose the 6.2. I had the 6.2 in an Escalade and now have the 6.2 in a Yukon Denali. I did drive a 2015 Suburban with the 5.3 and found it adequate and responsive. But if you can afford it, I recommend upgrading to the 6.2.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just priced the one i like. $68,000
Doesn't come in siren red.:argue:

So if i want red, I have to get the denali which is about $2000 more. :flipthebird:

But the GMC grill is ugly.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just priced the one i like. $68,000
Doesn't come in siren red.:argue:

So if i want red, I have to get the denali which is about $2000 more. :flipthebird:

But the GMC grill is ugly.

Siren Red is available in the Tahoe, but not with the 6.2 and 10 speed trans (WTF?!).

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
2,500 miles and loving it! I traded in my 2015 Tahoe on this one. I loved it too, but the RST ride better, and the Engine Trans package is amazing. Better MPG than the 5.3 too.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2,500 miles and loving it! I traded in my 2015 Tahoe on this one. I loved it too, but the RST ride better, and the Engine Trans package is amazing. Better MPG than the 5.3 too.

I agree, coming from an SLT Yukon to a Denali (although I dont think the ride got any better in our case). The motor and trans are just so much more superior. Not that the 5.3/6 speed is bad at all, but it just doesnt even compare.

I just wish GM would figure out that not everyone in the world wants to have to buy the top of the line model to get the better drivetrain. I know car manufacturers are in it for the money and many things would not make sense, but jeez all mighty c’mon.