6.2 for Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about damn time GM figured this engine option out ;)
not sure about the 10 spd auto though

looks like they have been watching the forums w/ regards to grille & window surround coloring , lol

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would have been a no-brainer for me, as long as it doesn't move the price all the way to Denali territory.

The transmission is a weak point in the current truck. I've had a couple BMWs with the astounding ZF 8-speed they use, and my wife has a C-class with the Merc 7-speed. It's not all about the number of gears; those transmissions simply shift much more quickly and are not fooled by throttle activity the way the Tahoe's current 6-speed is. The additional gears do keep the engine in the right RPM band, too.

The appearance tweaks are right on point, too.

OP
OP
Jorgez28

Jorgez28

Reaction score
I also like the performance exhaust and brakes.

crunchcity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely considering trading in 2018 for one. I have a feeling I'll be driving around in "M9" though lol....

I still wish they offered "strippers" with just the big engine, but at least this is better than nothing...the chrome delete is a bonus as well (for me).

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I will now highly consider trading in for a 2018. Really wish they would have released this at the start but I suppose they have to hold a few things back in order to entice people to trade-in after a couple of years.

BobDobalina

Reaction score
Sweeet!!! I'm most interested in some body colored grilles showing up in GM parts eventually :)

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news...I'm surprised the GMC division didn't put up a fight against this. Wonder how many of these will cannibalize Yukon Denali sales??

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i bet it hits GMC sales , pretty well
GMC will have to step it up for sure.

hopefully they sort out the buffeting/vibration issues that others are having...by then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01