6.2 Denali or supercharged 5.3 SLT???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John, that would be awesome. Bramlett GMC is actually really close by and one of the dealers i was looking at. So you think he would be open to including the supercharger as dealer installed equipment?

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider is the additional cost of premium fuel. The supercharger will require it with no room for error. The 6.2 in the Denali can run run on regular fuel if it has to. I have been thinking about supercharging our SLT vs trading up to a Denali. I am leaning toward the supercharger. It would be a sleeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't count on this. I ran mine on 87 octane once...once. It went into dummy mode and set off an engine warning. There is actually a reminder inside the gas lid stating premium fuel.
I use 89 octane, 92 when towing.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boarding my flight to Laura GMC as I type. Taking delivery today on a 2017 Denali. Very excited.

Do did you make the right choice? I would think so!
Now add AFE, exhaust and a BB tune and you will be rolling!! Install a 2.9 whipple!!

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Although the blower will be way down the line. Lol

brendon444

Reaction score
Good choice. Better resale with the Denali too. Some wont agree but I wouldn't buy a modified pre-owned vehicle.
Also no warranty once supercharged would be the deal breaker for me. Any power train or engine issues will be at your expense.
I run my Denali 6.2 on 87 always unless towing. Runs fines and never had an issue. Not my first 6.2 either, gas quality may be better in canada, not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy