6.0 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got a 6.0 from a 03 Yukon is it true that I can use my intake all accessories and wire harness from the 5.3 and have the 5.3 pcm tuned to run the 6.0 but what if I got the pcm from the 6.0 will it plug up to the wire from my 5.3 if so will it need a tune im thinking the wire would be the same only difference is motor and transmission all you guys that have done this swap help a brother out I'm ready to pull the 5.3 and stuff in the 6.0 it's stock for now maybe a cam later

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would work, but you first want to make sure the 6.0 didn't have a 4l80 behind it. I would want to data log the truck to be sure everything is right with the pcm and engine before fully trusting it though. U may also have to do a crank relearn for the pcm to work with your truck as well. I swapped a 6.0 pcm into my truck when I had the 5.3 and had to do that. I've since bought an Autocal from BBP and it makes things so much easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap went good I used the pcm from my 5.3 sent I off and had it tuned for the 6.0 I also put a btr stage 4 cam in it I just ordered a built 65e transmission from Monster transmission
What converter are you going to run?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts