6.0 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I got my 6.0 from Powertrain Products. Cost was $3300, + $399 for a install kit that had a good bit of stuff (gaskets, thermostat, water pump, belts, etc.) & $350 for a No-Fault Warranty - 5 years unlimited mileage. If I had a 6.0 core to return, it would have been $510 less.

I swapped from a 5.3, so I shipped my PCM to Black Bear for a 6.0 basic tune. That was an additional $240, but I didn't want to chance the stock 5.3 tune on a brand new 6.0 engine.

I kept the intake and injectors (my Yukon XL is a Flex Fuel, so the injectors are the same for a 6.0), and swapped over all the other accessories.

I've only had the truck back a couple of days, and I'm taking it easy until I get some miles on it, but I can certainly tell it has more low end torque, which is why I went with a 6.0 anyway.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Gonna do any performance mods on it? Headers, cam etc. Will it void your warranty if you do?

Kbkiller

Reaction score
I got an LQ4 long block from enginesdirect.net for 2400 including the core, shipping and gaskets. It has a 36month/100,000 mile warranty and after 10,000 miles I'm very happy with the whole process. I called on a Thursday, I got the last 1 they had btw, it arrived on Tuesday and it was in by Thursday. I would highly recommend them!

OP
OP
tdemontigny91406

tdemontigny91406

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Deerhunter1970 & kbkiller i thank you for you 're input but both websites dont offer specs on the engines other than emailing them. Im not a big fan of this a little fishy call me paranoid but i like info at hand but i appreciate the input gentleman / ladys thanks

Reaction score
Deerhunter1970 & kbkiller i thank you for you 're input but both websites dont offer specs on the engines other than emailing them. Im not a big fan of this a little fishy call me paranoid but i like info at hand but i appreciate the input gentleman / ladys thanks

Sorry - been away for a bit.

As for the specs on the Powertrain Products engine, I'm assuming everything is just like a stock LQ4 would be directly from GM.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 6.0 from Powertrain Products. Cost was $3300, + $399 for a install kit that had a good bit of stuff (gaskets, thermostat, water pump, belts, etc.) & $350 for a No-Fault Warranty - 5 years unlimited mileage. If I had a 6.0 core to return, it would have been $510 less.

I swapped from a 5.3, so I shipped my PCM to Black Bear for a 6.0 basic tune. That was an additional $240, but I didn't want to chance the stock 5.3 tune on a brand new 6.0 engine.

I kept the intake and injectors (my Yukon XL is a Flex Fuel, so the injectors are the same for a 6.0), and swapped over all the other accessories.

I've only had the truck back a couple of days, and I'm taking it easy until I get some miles on it, but I can certainly tell it has more low end torque, which is why I went with a 6.0 anyway.
Deer Hunter if I have the 6.0 pcm can I just hook that pcm up and run it with no tune

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14