55watt hid problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please. No. This isn't that difficult. Do we need one for engines separate from transmissions separate from differentials too?

No we wouldn't, because there's already a dedicated section for "Engine & Drivetrain" that encompasses everything you listed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No we wouldn't, because there's already a dedicated section for "Engine & Drivetrain" that encompasses everything you listed.
Exactly. Just like there's a dedicated section for "Exterior" that encompasses exterior lighting. If you want interior lighting, there's a dedicated section called "Interior".

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Just like there's a dedicated section for "Exterior" that encompasses exterior lighting. If you want interior lighting, there's a dedicated section called "Interior".

Exactly..?

Ok. Let's try it like this then...

For the "Engine & Drivetrain" section you could make a jingle with the items you listed: "The engine is connected to the transmission. The transmission is connected to the differential." see how that just rolls right off your tongue? Ok not really, but at least it makes sense right?

For the "Exterior" section the jingle would be: "The LED light is connected to the front lip spoiler. The front lip spoiler is connected to the Wheel. The wheel is connected to the window trim" It just doesn't have the same affect ya know.

Seriously though, the value of car forums is the ability to see and review others experience with a similar vehicle as your own, whether it's mods, problems, repairs, DIY instructions, etc. Having an intuitive search function to find those answers works even better when your searching in sections that are more specific to the results you're looking for. For example doing so for bulb numbers in a section that also covers rim and tire sizes isn't the best or most user friendly. At least in the "Engine & Drivetrain" section if you were searching for a potential issue or experience you thought was your transmission turns out may be related to your differential you're in the same section and on the right track.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This forum has been working fine the way it is for every other person it seems except you. I have no problem finding the lighting information for my vehicle. I've used it to mod every single light on my truck. Full time fog lights, full time DRL lights, 4 hi mod, HIR highs, HID lows, LED's in every other location, etc. Your argument is invalid. If we divided every subsection into more subsections we would have a mess, and it would be even harder to search. You're new here, why not try using the forum for awhile before you start making suggestions on how it should be laid out?

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
Maybe his questions hasn't been answered before and I do agree this forum is more straight forward than others. We are sponsors on other forums that are at least 5 times bigger than this one and the threads just seem to get lost after just a few posts. I don't see that happening here so something is working better here. Also for the new member, is best to stay focused on the subject and more members will post their experiences that could help with your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in no way attacking the whole forum and I never said it doesn't work just that it could be easier. As you said it was just a suggestion, which is also not arguing... As far as invalid, we'll just have to agree to disagree which I hope you're ok with, because I certainly am.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in no way attacking the whole forum and I never said it doesn't work just that it could be easier. As you said it was just a suggestion, which is also not arguing... As far as invalid, we'll just have to agree to disagree which I hope you're ok with, because I certainly am.
No problem.Also Ijust wanted to say there is a good search function here that you might not be aware of. Under the search box there's a button labeled "more" that opens up the enhanced search function where you can be more specific and narrow things down. Give this forum a chance and you'll see it works pretty good.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, I understand you're trying to sell this guy on your cabus setup, however, why not run a relay harness and utilize the bulbs and ballasts he already has?

Can you compare the differences between what you're trying to sell and what he already has? What makes it better?

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
Wait, I understand you're trying to sell this guy on your cabus setup, however, why not run a relay harness and utilize the bulbs and ballasts he already has?

Can you compare the differences between what you're trying to sell and what he already has? What makes it better?

The second he said bought it on eBay that's already a big difference because it's what we call a DC kit, it's not even real Hids. But he didn't mention brand or price and he does I can confirm it's in fact a dc kit. All brands from xentec to ddm tunning are. We would never sell that kind of stuff because we know the damage it can do to your vehicle. There is really nothing to compare. Try to match a bulb of his with a ballast of ours and they won't turn on etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking to find AC and other types of ballast - i'm sure you'll find them on ebay. As a matter of fact I think I've seen you on ebay too. Back in the day Xentec certainly sold true AC ballasts, and I have 1 that works today. I like that you offer 30 return yet even xentec offers a year or more manufacturer defects. If you're selling good product, you should at LEAST warranty for a year?

Can you explain the damage DC kits are doing to vehicles? Also, if you can explain why purchasing your bulbs for a 500% mark up makes sense.. How do your HID ballast compare with HYLUXTEK or your bulbs vs. CNLight? Are your ballasts filled with epoxy or bulb base a single piece design etc? Why the large expense with a questionable 30 warranty?

Respectfully inquiring