5100 question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wifes07nali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Info- 2007 Yukon Denali. Autoride w/self level air. 18" stock wheels.

Rear Bilstien 24-187237 with moog hd springs.

Front-bilstien 24-186940 with stock spring/mount.

Have resistors too.

The rear install went perfect. I have a front bilstien with the spring seat adapter (1 up from bottom) and factory spring seat/bump/mount together, but I can not get in the truck.

I have a few questions. Are people using the supplied spring seat adapter that comes with the bilstien along with the factory spring seat or just the factory spring seat with no adapter?

The way I have it now, with adapter and spring seat on 1 up from bottom, the spring preload length would be the same as factory. But the bilstien is 1.5" longer from bottom mount to top of smooth part of shock shaft.

Did I order the wrong ones? And Would I be correct that this would lift the truck 1.5" from where it was?

Beins the bilstien is longer than stock, I can't get in in the truck. No matter where or how I have the spring seat mounted, it will still extend the shock to its full length, still remaining 1.5" longer than stock. Do I need to cut the upper a arm stop to be able to lower the a arms enough to mount it? Or maybe jack up on the shock some? I did a bit but was a little cautious so I stopped.

I'm no amature mechanic, I just don't have a much experience with suspension modifications. The liftgate and now this are really making me feel inadequate as a man right now haha. I'm hoping it's something I just haven't realized yet.

Thanks for any help, info or insight.

OP
OP
wifes07nali

wifes07nali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had to separate the ball joint. Overthought that in the first place thinking it would be harder to get that back together rather than strut in.

It lifted ~2" front and rear from where it sat before the install with blown bellows. I installed Stock Spring seat with supplied adapter from bilstien one notch up from bottom with stock bumper/mount. Rear hd spring with stock spring insulators.

All together and the wife likes the ride.

fireburban

Reaction score
Can you get me a part number for the moog rear springs?

Looking to do the same delete setup with bilstien 5100's front and rear and different rear coils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt