5.0 / 5.7 Engine Torque Values

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hiwaycruzer

Reaction score
For those of you who don't "already have a complete engine manual"(thanks for the input, SunlitComet), the link below should prove very helpful in replacing your intake manifold gaskets and upgrading the f.i. spider.
It includes four pages of all the torque specs and tightening sequence diagrams you'll need to rebuild your engine from the upper intake plenum to the oil pan drain plug:

ftp://ftp2.indmar.us/Service%20Information/Mechanical%20&%20Specifications%20Related/5.7L%20Mechanical%20Torques.pdf

Best of luck!

1996 Tahoe LT 4-dr 4x4 auto 181K mi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hiwaycruzer

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the input, SunlitComet. I'll be sure to remember that when I get stumped on a future repair.

lil_no

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those of you who don't "already have a complete engine manual"(thanks for the input, SunlitComet), the link below should prove very helpful in replacing your intake manifold gaskets and upgrading the f.i. spider.
It includes four pages of all the torque specs and tightening sequence diagrams you'll need to rebuild your engine from the upper intake plenum to the oil pan drain plug:

ftp://ftp2.indmar.us/Service%20Information/Mechanical%20&%20Specifications%20Related/5.7L%20Mechanical%20Torques.pdf

Best of luck!

1996 Tahoe LT 4-dr 4x4 auto 181K mi.

Is it possible to get a copy of the write-up? The link isn't working.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts