4x2 v. 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressive. You've got a 4WD with cylinder deactivation still in play?
No - 2wd w/ the cyl deact.

The GMT900 and new platform still share the 31 gallon fuel tank. If my recall is correct, my best tank in my 08 Avy (2x4 w/ cyl deac) was about 500 miles (100% highway). I just filled up the new burb with 27.11 gallons and got 509.9 miles from the last fill-up with an average of 19.2 mpg (based on my trip settings). Total mileage for this trip was 70% city/30% highway. I know I had pushed my Avalanche to the point where I would need 29.x gallons to fill the tank so I've easily bested the mileage based on how much I need to fill up, so the new truck is already way better in the fuel economy.

I've reset the trip to do another round. I'd like to know if anyone with a 4x4 would like to try this out for a couple weeks to see how they compare with MPG. I'm driving normally and trying to keep it under 80mph on the highway. Jersey is a bit "hilly" up north but by no means "mountainous" in the area I live.

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
There is a dealer right near me that has close to the exact vehicle I am looking for. It is a 4x2 but has the power running boards and enhanced security system (the only 2 things on the truck I dont want).

I think if I can get him to match Laura's price then that is the way to go. If not then I will be making a trip up to St. Louis to purchase from Laura.

Is Laura really that good? I have heard their name before in the forums. I live near there, bought my Gran Prix there in 2005, but felt I was taken advantage of,, my fault, i know.. but if they are good to deal with on the truck/suv's,, i might have to give them another look

cfoote

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else is trying to max out the MPGs in a stock 2017 yuk/hoe/burb and see where they are at. Real world driving is always different from posted numbers.

My max is still at 26.2 over 50 miles and thats probably because my longest non stop highway drive at the moment has been under 70 miles. I should be able to increase that on a longer drive. Curious if the 4x4 in real world would do the same.
I've maxed out at 25.2 over 300 miles but I was going the speed limit all the way and of course it took a little longer to get where I was trying to go. On the way back it was totally different because I was trying to get home as quick as possible LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan