4L80E conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perks of converting my Tahoe to a 4L80 and how difficult would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Depends on power, and plans for future power. The 80e can handle quite a bit of power, but if it's stock hp/tq don't fix something not broken. All around not that difficult to swap though.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perks of converting my Tahoe to a 4L80 and how difficult would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A more reliable transmission. I blew my stock trans on the stock engine. Once the engine is modified it's a ticking time bomb. These trucks should have come with the 4l80s. Different yoke on driveshaft and modifying crossmember some wiring harness mods, computer tuning and flex plate depending on the converter you use..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Marinevet

Reaction score
A more reliable transmission. I blew my stock trans on the stock engine. Once the engine is modified it's a ticking time bomb. These trucks should have come with the 4l80s. Different yoke on driveshaft and modifying crossmember some wiring harness mods, computer tuning and flex plate depending on the converter you use..

Did you do this swap then? I am thinking of doing it myself, because I plan on towing a lot more with my Yukon, but mine is an AWD Denali, so not sure if the swap is even an option with that transfer case. If you did do it, about how much should I figure on spending?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do this swap then? I am thinking of doing it myself, because I plan on towing a lot more with my Yukon, but mine is an AWD Denali, so not sure if the swap is even an option with that transfer case. If you did do it, about how much should I figure on spending?
I'm in the middle of the swap doing it myself. Have about $3k in it but I already had a tune with black bear so it didn't cost to do the segment swap. I got a good deal on the trans, but I'm running all stainless steel lines with AN fittings and a $,$$$ triple disc converter and I'm using the conversion harness from speartech so not your cheapest options. AWD is going to be a different monster with the transfer case. I'm 2wd so I can't offer any input on that. I'm sure you can do it for a lot less, but I didn't wanna use that heavy factory converter, didnt want to splice anything or reuse my old lines and firmer shifting than factory.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score

there is a build called charlie murphy on performancetrucks.net. He has a 4l80 and awd and his thread should be a good resource for you. https://www.performancetrucks.net/f...hevy-silverado-project-charlie-murphy-489579/