4L60E to 4L80E conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right now, the tahoe is at the transmission shop getting the 4L60e rebuilt. Its the most cost effective option right now. I would love to do the swap just so i dont have to worry about burning the 60 up, but its $$$. Gotta pay to play lol.

as far as the first gear between the two, how much of a difference would be felt as far as speed and acceleration?

Mike

With your track record, it would be a good idea to check the transmission pressures in all gears as soon as it is all back together.

Pressure is controlled by the ECM. Could be you have something that is causing the numbers to be off. Not all tranny problems are caused by the trans itself.

You can wipe out a trans in short order if the pressures are off.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A stock 4L80E can handle approximately 700 hp. It’s basically a electronic 400. Some well built Performance 4L80E’s can handle well over 1,800 HP

Todd R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 4L80e out of an express van. It has 74k miles on it. I bought it to do the swap when my 60 dies. I now want a manual trans. I would trade or sell this very reasonable if somebody wants it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne