4L60E SUPER SERVO ? 2004 MODEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the Super Servo kit I have pictured here help at all with the sluggish WOT off the start take off? I've done several upgrades and still can't get the tires to break loose. Gears etc etc etc. Has anyone noticed a faster WOT take off with just replacing the servos? My only option if this doesn't work is to have a complete performance rebuild with 2,500 stall etc, etc, etc. FYI, I'm producing over 400 hp at the crank and grandma's 6 cylinder stock grocery getter can beat my 60ft time by long shot. My info 5.3L L59 Flex fuel Tahoe LT 2004 year. Thanks for your time.

IMG_1773.JPG

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What tune are you running? A good tune with torque management removed and shifts tightened up combined with a Corvette servo for a solid 1-2 shift should do what you need. Blackbear Performance would be my suggestion. BTW no amount of better shifts is going to do a thing in 60 feet.

Last edited:

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the Super Servo kit I have pictured here help at all with the sluggish WOT off the start take off? I've done several upgrades and still can't get the tires to break loose. Gears etc etc etc. Has anyone noticed a faster WOT take off with just replacing the servos? My only option if this doesn't work is to have a complete performance rebuild with 2,500 stall etc, etc, etc. FYI, I'm producing over 400 hp at the crank and grandma's 6 cylinder stock grocery getter can beat my 60ft time by long shot. My info 5.3L L59 Flex fuel Tahoe LT 2004 year. Thanks for your time.

View attachment 79307

I run 37's with 5.13 gears and I can spin the wheels from a dead stop to WOT take off. I've heard concerns where guys have the same issues as you, performance mods and can't get any ass behind their rigs. And Then there's those guys that are runnin a bone dry stock set up and are throwin rubber from the starting line. Sometimes it just doesn't make much sense.

OP
OP
Maximus1

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've been told that some of the SUV/truck models could possibly have a small hairline crack in the converter which could lead to not enough pressure off the line. I don't know if this is true.
Mods: 5.3l L59 Flex fuel engine
K&N CAI, headers, flowmaster high flow cats and flowmaster muffler, BBK throttle body, MSD coils, 3.90 gears, custom HP tuners tune with the torque management turned off, electric fan, scorpion 1/7 roller rockers and Hughes cam duration 267/276 lift 5.25/5.25

OP
OP
Maximus1

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods coming with in a couple weeks include:
Cast #799 GM heads CNC ported and milled .030.

Performance built 4L60E with all the goodies and a Hughes 2500 stall. I was told that this transmission can handle 600+ HP

OP
OP
Maximus1

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but $6k is a lot money to throw down on a daily driver. That one will have to go on one of my project cars. I really think my problem is the transmission or torque converter. Either way once I get it installed I give an update.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. The Whipple is going in my DD but I figured wth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh