4 core radiator for 5.7??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching around to see if I can swap my 2 core for a 4 core since I'm about to about to add Efans to rig figured I would upgrade that too. I've seen a couple of posts, (old of course) about using one from a 2001 or so with an 8.1L. Supposed to be a direct swap but I wanted to see if anyone has done it yet or knows about a post or details of the swap... it's HOT here in Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 92 silverado C1500 had the 28" radiator in it and went bad so I decided to change it to the 34". I found one for a chevy 2500 HD truck that had the 4 core and it was a direct fit. The problem I had doing this on the 92 was the shroud was the wrong length and the radiator mounted to it. I found a shroud for a Chevy 2500 radiator and used the same top radiator mounts. The later trucks do not use the shroud to hold the radiator but use the top mounts that are found on 96 ? and later trucks. My 99 tahoe already has the correct top mounts and shroud you would need to install the 34" radiator. I had to order the four wider rubber seats(top and bottom) from LMC. The radiator hoses I used were for the 2500. There is a one bottom radiator hose that fits better. It goes along the bottom of the frame and then up to the radiator. I may have the part Number some where. I have a set of Camaro E fans to use or may use 05 truck fans when I do the LS swap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 92 silverado C1500 had the 28" radiator in it and went bad so I decided to change it to the 34". I found one for a chevy 2500 HD truck that had the 4 core and it was a direct fit. The problem I had doing this on the 92 was the shroud was the wrong length and the radiator mounted to it. I found a shroud for a Chevy 2500 radiator and used the same top radiator mounts. The later trucks do not use the shroud to hold the radiator but use the top mounts that are found on 96 ? and later trucks. My 99 tahoe already has the correct top mounts and shroud you would need to install the 34" radiator. I had to order the four wider rubber seats(top and bottom) from LMC. The radiator hoses I used were for the 2500. There is a one bottom radiator hose that fits better. It goes along the bottom of the frame and then up to the radiator. I may have the part Number some where. I have a set of Camaro E fans to use or may use 05 truck fans when I do the LS swap.

Ok right on, do happen to know what year the 2500 was?

Nash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used a Spectra Premium radiator (Part # CU624) from Auto zone. It was for 94 2500 series . It fits a lot of different trucks of C an K series. There is also a B1696 radiator that is 4 core that fits up to 2000 Yr. and fits many series. They say they won't fit some years but I am almost sure any of these will fit the radiator support. GM made these trucks so almost any of the radiators is a bolt in deal. I checked my 99 Tahoe and it already has the 34" radiator and the correct shroud, mounts and hoses you need . I am not sure if the rubber mounts are wide enough though as it has a 2 core radiator in it, but are available from LMC. If my radiator goes bad in the 99 Tahoe it will definitely get one of the 4 core radiators. I did this 5 yrs ago.

http://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...tor/237359_912395_4648_1277?&searchText=cu624

http://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...tor/spectra-premium-radiator/226559_173376_0? fromString=search&make=&model=&year=

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a Spectra Premium radiator (Part # CU624) from Auto zone. It was for 94 2500 series . It fits a lot of different trucks of C an K series. There is also a B1696 radiator that is 4 core that fits up to 2000 Yr. and fits many series. They say they won't fit some years but I am almost sure any of these will fit the radiator support. GM made these trucks so almost any of the radiators is a bolt in deal. I checked my 99 Tahoe and it already has the 34" radiator and the correct shroud, mounts and hoses you need . I am not sure if the rubber mounts are wide enough though as it has a 2 core radiator in it, but are available from LMC. If my radiator goes bad in the 99 Tahoe it will definitely get one of the 4 core radiators. I did this 5 yrs ago.

http://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...tor/237359_912395_4648_1277?&searchText=cu624

http://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...tor/spectra-premium-radiator/226559_173376_0? fromString=search&make=&model=&year=

Ok cool man thanks for the info! I just replaced my radiator a few months ago so atleast I can save up to do it. Just feel better with a 4 core saw one guy who had an all polished aluminum one that I'm sure was well out of my price range