4" BDS Lift, 20x10 fuel wheels, 33x12.50 Toyos, 4x4, 2017 LT Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bull2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lifted my 2017 Tahoe LT 4x4 and wanted to share. I found little images of my desired setup (black 10" wide wheels), 4" BDS lift, on a black Tahoe, so here are mine.

My goals:
  • Lift the Tahoe, but not too high...
  • Keep cargo space easy to access, mainly for the stroller
  • Easy to climb into, mainly with/for the baby's car seat
I test drove a 6" lifted Tahoe with 35s, because of the size and raised cargo space I wouldn't be able to enjoy using it for the family's needs. It looked amazing, but would probably be a source of frustration eventually. I imagined heaving the baby in the car seat, and having to swing the stroller in the back... and grew tired just thinking about it.

So I opted for:
  • 4" BDS lift (upgraded rear fox shocks)
  • 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country RT tires (they are super quiet and still look aggressive)
  • 20x10 Fuel Maverick wheels (black gloss with machine)
  • AMP automatic power step for easy access to all seats & clearance
How did it run, prior to trimming?
  • When reversing the wide wheels rubbed when turning the wheel (Not just at full lock, but even the slightest turn)
  • When turning and driving forward - They rubbed only at full lock
  • The cargo space is easy to access, and is easy getting the stroller in and out
  • I can easily get the car seat in and out of the back seat as well
Trimming was required, and it runs GREAT now!
  • Front fender trimmed, portion of the wheel well closest to the front of the vehicle
  • I decided not to mess with the wheel well side portion closest to driver/passenger
  • I trimmed only the side that rubbed the worst (both metal and plastic trimmed)
  • The Bolt holding the plastic valance to the metal bumper was moved
  • Trimming eliminated 98% of the rubbing reverse or nearly all as I turn the wheel and drive forward
  • My wife said "if i didn't tell her I trimmed it, she would have never known"

This is my 3rd pair of AMP automatic steps (had them on my biggest trucks 6" lifts with 35s) and they drop down further then side steps, and make the truck so much easier to jump into. I think the clearance also makes the lift appear higher because of that clearance. I also tinted all the windows, and added black bow ties (with a wrap).

So.... What do you all think?

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4461.JPG IMG_4463.JPG IMG_4464.JPG IMG_4490.JPG

Last edited:

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came out great! Really like the look, just enough tire sticking out to look proportional and not like a Tonka toy

cbraga

Reaction score
I lifted my 2017 Tahoe LT and wanted to share. I found little images of my desired setup (10" wide wheels) on a 4" BDS lift, so here are mine.

My goals:
  • Lift the Tahoe, but not too high...
  • Keep cargo space easy to access, mainly for strollers
  • Make it easy to climb into, mainly with/for child car seat
I test drove a 6" lifted Tahoe with 35s, because of the size and lifted cargo space I couldn't see myself enjoying using it for the family. It looked amazing, but I would have created extra frustration for the family. We have the stroller in the back, and car seat for my daughter. I could imagine me and my wife struggling each trip.

I went with:
  • 4" BDS lift (upgraded fox shocks)
  • 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country RT tires (they are super quiet and still look aggressive)
  • 20x10 Fuel Maverick wheels (black gloss with machine)
  • AMP automatic power step for easy access to all seats & looks
How does it run?
  • Reversing the wide wheels rubbed when turning the wheel (not just full lock, but even the slightest turn)
  • Moving forward - They rubbed at full lock only
Trimming required:
  • Front fender trimmed only (both metal and plastic)
  • Bolt holding the plastic valance to the metal bumper was moved
  • Trimming eliminated 98% of the rubbing reverse or moving forward.
  • My wife said "if i didn't tell her I trimmed it, she would have never known".

This is my 3rd pair of AMP automatic steps (have them on my biggest trucks 6" with 35s) and since they drop down further then side steps, they make the truck so much easier to jump into. I think the clearance also makes the lift appear higher because of that clearance. I also tinted all the windows, and added black bow ties (with a wrap).

So.... What do you all think?

View attachment 200010 View attachment 200011 View attachment 200012 View attachment 200013 View attachment 200015

Looks great!! Would love to see some suspension photos, cv angles etc

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Perfect height. Only thing I’d change is maybe a painted black grill with chrome bars/inserts. The all chrome grillnis a little much

OP
OP
Bull2017

Bull2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5&mo=9&ty=1&yr=2015-2018

It was the 4" coilover suspension option with Fox shocks.

It was the 4" suspension lift NOT the coilover option. I tried to edit my response but kept giving me a spam error... anyways here is the write up on the lift from BDS.

BDS Suspension 4" Lift Kit for Chevrolet/GMC 4WD Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, and Yukon XL 1500 1/2 ton SUVs

This complete 4" IFS system is designed to correct suspension/steering geometry for improved performance, drivability and offroad capability. Utilizing a pair of 1/4" steel high clearance crossmembers and 3-piece skid plate design, this system repositions the lower arms and adds protection of vital drivetrain components. These combined with the CNC machined ductile iron replacement steering knuckles creates a solid subframe to correct suspension and steering geometry for compatibility with the factory installed ESC system. Up front the kits use a multipoint differential relocation kit and CV spacers to securely reposition the front differential to correct CV axle angle and allow for the use of the stock front driveshaft. In place of the factory struts a pair of high pressure gas struts are supplied for improved ride quality and off-road dampening. Also included for the front are heavy duty tie rod ends, longer sway bar links, and brake line brackets.

In the rear this 4" lift system a pair of a 2" or 3" coil spacers are available to lift and level the stance. In the rear the kit will come with a track bar relocation bracket and support brace, and longer sway bar links. Also supplied for the rear are bump stop extensions and your choice of BDS- NX2 series gas shocks or FOX 2.0 IFP performance gas shocks. This kit allows for up to 33x12.50 tires to be installed.

This kit is compatible with trucks equipped with factory cast steel, factory stamped steel, and factory aluminum control arms so be sure to verify your factory configuration before ordering.

• Tire & Wheel Combinations
  • 32" x 12.50" w/17 x 8 and 4.5" back spacing
  • 33" x 12.50 w/18 x 9 and 5" back spacing
  • 33" x 12.50 w/20 x 9 and 5.75" back spacing
    *Trimming may be required*
  • Est. Installation: 8 hours
  • Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011