4.2 to 8in upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I received everything back last week. I finally got a chance to install everything back in. It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. MVI sent me new modules. It fired right up without having to touch the wiring I did. It was NOT my fault at all.

If this happens again, I will be asking for a refund. I can not keep taking the dash apart because the radio and HMI module are taking dumps on me. I can get the radio out in about 10 minutes now. It does look soooo much better than that crappy 4" screen.

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I blind? This is the only sticker in my glovebox, I don't see anything that says ios3 or 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not bad news. That is what I had. I now have a full 8" screen that has worked flawlessly since the first HMI went bad. I am guessing it was a bad unit. I regret that I did not get the Apple Car Play. I used it in another car and it is nice.

The install is very easy.

johnamvi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys first post here,

i formerly worked for MVI if i can be of any help with answering questions regarding products or upgrade solutions please feel free to reach out to me.

Cruzjes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an IO4 and found an 8” screen online for $150. Do I still need to upgrade my module to install this if I purchase?

BenelliBlonde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi!

I have what I hope is a fairly easy question to answer. I just bought a 2015 Tahoe yesterday, it has the 8" screen w/ nav, but I have the I03 RPO code. I'm trying to figure out why I have an 8" screen with nav, but no Pandora icon. I can pair my phone to it for bluetooth use, but as far as I can tell it's only good for making phone calls. All I want is to be able to play music from my phone and I can't figure out how. (I have a 10 year old Monte Carlo with an aux input allowing me to play music from my phone, surely something 10 years newer and a LOT more expensive should have the same capability....)

So! What part(s) do I need to gain the Pandora button? Should I be able to play music from my phone already, or will that require adding or updating something?

Also, what would be the top of the line oem upgrade with the head unit I already have? Ideally, I'd like to upgrade to have maximum features. :cool:

Thanks!

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...it has the 8" screen w/ nav, but I have the I03 RPO code.
This is very odd. The only way this could happen is if someone upgraded your truck from the 4.2" to the 8" system. Just to make sure we're on the same page, you checked the sticker in your glovebox and you see the IO3 coding?

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an IO4 and found an 8” screen online for $150. Do I still need to upgrade my module to install this if I purchase?
Yes, you sure do. The module is the brains of the system... you either have the brains of an IO4 or an IO5/6. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon