3rd row won't come out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tim Quigley

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, update. I got them out but the pushed the spring down and then came out. Not sure what else I should do with them now. Take all the screws out and clean it then grease again or

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly dont think that the front brackets were in all the way. Spray with a silcone lubricant while they are out and wipe dry before you put them in. You can spray a little bit of white lithium grease up in there where u see the factory grease. The white grease shouldn't drip but dont go crazy with it... on the spring part use the silicone but wipe before u put them back. Make sure the seatbelts are on the outside of the seat when you put them back in the truck. Don't grease the floor. Good luck. U cant manually move anything while they are out... its a pia

OP
OP
Tim Quigley

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I greased everything I took off all the moldings with it and I still get stuck in the the Tahoe.

OP
OP
Tim Quigley

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly 3rd was the biggest mistake on buying a Tahoe. I'm happy with the caption seats and just saying I can only fit 4 people. Less aggravation

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, pull up on #1 so back of seat is down flat next lift up on #2 lever and raise seat about 6" then drop it down to about 2-3 above floor and pull on #3 handle and it should come right out... if not im sorry.... just did mine 9000 timesIMG_4842.JPGIMG_4841.JPG IMG_4843.JPG

Stairway2Kevin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this, I have a similar problem. I can't get one of my 3rd row seats to release from the #2 latch to fold up so I can pull it out with the #3 handle. If that makes sense... Anybody have any suggestions on how I can get the #2 lever to release?