3rd row won't come out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tim Quigley

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I've tried everything, no luck. I have an aftermarket warranty probably going to take to Chevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealership doesn't take care of you, I have some techniques to get them out. lmk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, tumble seats foward then slam them down.... now, flip back of seat down so its folded in half, release it as if you are going to tumble foward but only go up 1-2 inches... push on big handle in middle of seat then yank the ****** as hard as you can....

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I mentioned before the mechanism inside the upholstery is seized up. Probably caused by wet carpet.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I mentioned before the mechanism inside the upholstery is seized up. Probably caused by wet carpet.
Why is the back of your truck wet?
I get it dude your truck is wet inside.... his may just be stiff like mine...mine is not wet but a pia to get out and there is no rust...

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck? (step 1) spray water on the visible portion of the mechanism to reactivate the rust. (step 2) with your thumb on the end of the release handle and index finger on the inside break of the handle - use a twisting force while pulling and pushing the handle wiggling back and forth. you're don't need strength here instead - finesse. Think of it like a stubborn key in a frozen lock. wiggle it back and forth while maintaining twist. reapply water and repeat until it releases.

15016818981671475966725.jpg

Last edited:

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally once 3 releases pull seat down but do not lock, push back to upright position until you hear a click *if you do not hear the click, repeat step 1*

One click #3 release is re-engaged pull release bar up/toward WITHOUT pressure on the support bar - same thing wiggle while putting gentle pressure on the top seat handle, pushing the seat handle gently toward the front of the truck while jostling the release handle until it releases. If it doesn't release, spray more water on each side of the springs and latch mechanisms and try again. DO NOT BEND or force anything as it's all about finesse with these. I have 4 from 2 different vehicles that have been exposed to road salt and this technique works, trust me.

1501682643733381352122.jpg

Last edited:

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Galante read the post from BEEN ChEVY, It is wet because in winter snow and salt on boots melts on the carpets and starts rust Seizes as BeenChevy puts it.