3rd row won't come out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the 3rd row not coming out? I can put them down and up but they won't remove.

kjd2121

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yank the bar at lower rear towards the back of the vehicle

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Tim Quigly post: 1136617 said:
Has anyone had any issues with the 3rd row not coming out? I can put them down and up but they won't remove.

Someone probaby inadvertently put them in on the wrong sides... my wife did this once and I didn't think I would ever get them out. Like the others said yank hard.

smccollamjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When we first got our burb I couldn't get the 3rd row out because I thought I had to lock them in the up position. You fold the back down, flip the #2 lever but only let the back raise a couple inches, then give a hard tug on handle #3.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had that problem. Seems the locking linkage inside the bottom of the seats rusts and will not allow it to do its thing. Hence the HARD yank, and then some linkage bends a bit. Once you do get them out, use penetrating oil liberally.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had that problem. Seems the locking linkage inside the bottom of the seats rusts and will not allow it to do its thing. Hence the HARD yank, and then some linkage bends a bit. Once you do get them out, use penetrating oil liberally.
Mine aren't rusty, just pia to pull them out which is why my wife doesn't and/or cant so i do if needed but i rarely if ever take them out.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rust is inside the bottom upholstery and not visible unless you take out some stitching. When they were new and the correct procedure was followed they were a cinch to get in and out, if heavy . The whole design is pathetic. I am on my second one first was Tahoe now Yukon several years apart and still I agree a PIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts