3rd row seat is stuck shut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edgaranah1,

Have you spoken with your dealership to see if they would replace the seat for you or if they knew of a way to get your seat unstuck?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

OP
OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
i haven't even had 10-15 minuets to mess with this seat in the last 2 weeks. i plan on working on it sat morning, if i can't get it to work, off to the dealer i go.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my right third row seat. Except my seat wouldn't come out of the truck. I eventually ended up taking a knife & screwdriver to it. I got it out, forcefully.
5907921232_f1e8f6b3f2.jpg

CMate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This video should help some of you. I had the same problem.
Would be nice if GM would offer more details on this issue so we wouldn't have to go searching on youtube for a solution.

2aaronmichael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The video above helped for the passenger side but not the driver side.

I found the solution to open both seats that are stuck: To do it, you pull the #2 lever on the seat and make sure both latches underneath the seat closer to the rear of the seat are in the closed position. They are what keep the back of the seat locked in place in the vehicle. When you put these two bottom rear latches in the closed position the seat will open.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine does the same thing it will only open if I push both the levers at the same time, its a cable issue, I am sure if I pulled it out and took a crack it and adjusted it a little it would work perfectly again I am good at that stuff but lazy lol, if you look inside a follow the cable along you should be able find a spot to make it just a hair tighter and it will start working right after that.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine does the same thing it will only open if I push both the levers at the same time, its a cable issue, I am sure if I pulled it out and took a crack it and adjusted it a little it would work perfectly again I am good at that stuff but lazy lol, if you look inside a follow the cable along you should be able find a spot to make it just a hair tighter and it will start working right after that.
Mine does it sometimes, so i just liftit slam it and it works right after. Plus one on the lazy.... dont bother me enough to really ‘look into it’

American Dream

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue. Mine was the right side 3rd row. Fought that seat and called it all kinds of dirty names!! It was also middle of summer and hotter than.... well it was pretty hot. So I’m bent over and fighting and cussing and dripping sweat all over the place. Turns out the seat wasn’t fully latched to the floor. It appeared to be but, when I finally calmed down and really looked I could see the front set of latches were not fully engaged. Pulled the seat out and put it back in while paying close attention to the front latches and it worked properly.
Good luck! Hope my sweat keeps you from sweating! :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy