3in not enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yasmoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So recently, I installed a 3in Skyjacker suspension kit on my 03 Tahoe, now that I've been driving it around, I know I should've gone with 6in. I know it will be a ton of money to have to buy a whole new kit, so I was wondering if it would be possible to install a 3in spacer kit onto my 3in kit I already have on the hoe. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

IMG_1924.JPG

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will not be able to add spacers or anything of that sort. You might be able to swap the 3" extended spindles with those of the 6" lift kit, it's possible somebody has attempted that. I hope you get some first-hand feedback on this!

i can tell you that the geometry of your front suspension will suffer if you alter or modify it. Best thing to do is install some level keys on the torsion bars and spring spacer in the rear. If the 3" kit on your truck raises the back with a spacer instead of a new taller spring, then it will not work that way; you will need a taller spring versus a spacer that is already installed.

If all else fails, just install a body lift and you won't have to concern yourself with vehicle stability and drivability

OP
OP
yasmoni

yasmoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any opportunity to resell my current suspension parts?

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any opportunity to resell my current suspension parts?

I will pay you $300 for it next February. I wouldn't mind getting a nice 3" lift @ bargain price, I just have too much on my plate between now and Xmas but if you still possess/want to sell after holidays, I'm your man.

OP
OP
yasmoni

yasmoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will pay you $300 for it next February. I wouldn't mind getting a nice 3" lift @ bargain price, I just have too much on my plate between now and Xmas but if you still possess/want to sell after holidays, I'm your man.

That should be perfect, by that time I should have more than enough money to compensate for bigger tires and the new kit

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should be perfect, by that time I should have more than enough money to compensate for bigger tires and the new kit
Good deal! I hope everything works out then. I'm looking forward to it

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So recently, I installed a 3in Skyjacker suspension kit on my 03 Tahoe, now that I've been driving it around, I know I should've gone with 6in. I know it will be a ton of money to have to buy a whole new kit, so I was wondering if it would be possible to install a 3in spacer kit onto my 3in kit I already have on the hoe. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

View attachment 180518

Honestly, if you don't like it, strip it and install a 6in Non Torsion Drop suspension lift. If you try going any other route, you will hate it even more. Don't waste anymore money or time and do it right.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Hopefully u get biggger tires and maybe some rims with alittle offset. Because right now you would look like your going to tip over if u just added a 6" lift. :2cents:

From the picture u added it looks like the truck sits a good bit lower in the front? I bet if you raised the front (2") to match the back you would like the stance a lot better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne