350 TBI throttle hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strongheart2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 hoe 4x4 with the 350 TBI and on a quick throttle push it has like a 1-2 hesitation before it takes off when the engine is warm and the check engine light comes on.

I've already changed the cleaned the thriller body, changed fuel filter, spark plugs/wires. The injectors look like the are spraying good. I am getting ready to change out the coolant sensor, map, and throttle position sensor. Really don't want to replace the fuel pump if I don't have too.

Anyone have any other ideas what the problem could be?

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 95 hoe 4x4 with the 350 TBI and on a quick throttle push it has like a 1-2 hesitation before it takes off when the engine is warm and the check engine light comes on.

I've already changed the cleaned the thriller body, changed fuel filter, spark plugs/wires. The injectors look like the are spraying good. I am getting ready to change out the coolant sensor, map, and throttle position sensor. Really don't want to replace the fuel pump if I don't have too.

Anyone have any other ideas what the problem could be?

Sounds like it’s time to LS swap it!

Hahaha, but in all seriousness... check/adjust timing, cap and rotor first, then check for vacuum leaks.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had that problem on a 94 suburban but i can't remember what sensor i changed. i just remember its on the top of the intake somewhere sorry.

OP
OP
Strongheart2012

Strongheart2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had that problem on a 94 suburban but i can't remember what sensor i changed. i just remember its on the top of the intake somewhere sorry.

I just changed the tps, coolant, and map sensor on top and so far so good. Time will tell

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya my old suburban sounded pretty nasty in the am when it was cold out lol. sounded like it had a nice cam in it until it warmed up.