33" tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youngt_savage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and new to owning a Tahoe. I just purchased a 2013 lt 4x4 Tahoe with 20x10 xd rims and 33x12.5 inch federal m/ts and I'm wondering if a 3.5 inch strut spacer will eliminate the rubbing issue I have. It seems I already have strut spacers on the truck but I'm not sure what size they are and I'm still rubbing on the rear side at full lock. I'll upload a picture for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG_2239.JPG IMG_2254.JPG

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 33s rubbed also until i got under the truck and ziptied the fender liner back.

The rear of the liner was easy since theres not much in the way of holding it back.

The front has a plastic bracket that needs to be trimmed then the ziptie will pull the fender away from the tire

I dont rub anywhere but one spot which im trying to find lol. I think its my mud guard sticking out a bit. If it is its another easy fix.

I can get a couple pics if needed. Plus theres a write up here somewhere.

If you add a 3.5 spacer youll want/need to do some more front end work i cant remember what exactly

OP
OP
youngt_savage

youngt_savage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 33s rubbed also until i got under the truck and ziptied the fender liner back.

The rear of the liner was easy since theres not much in the way of holding it back.

The front has a plastic bracket that needs to be trimmed then the ziptie will pull the fender away from the tire

I dont rub anywhere but one spot which im trying to find lol. I think its my mud guard sticking out a bit. If it is its another easy fix.

I can get a couple pics if needed. Plus theres a write up here somewhere.

If you add a 3.5 spacer youll want/need to do some more front end work i cant remember what exactly

Yeah I've read a couple other articles talking about needing more front end parts but no ones said exactly what so I'm kinda at a standstill with that lol. So until I figure out what other parts I'll need I'm gonna have to pray my front end doesn't explode considering I already ordered the 3.5 spacer

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I wouldn't run a 3.5 level without a diff drop. It's already at bad angles with 2.5 and no lift UCAs. You need to do a small norcal mod and trim the bumper brace bracket behind the front side of liner. Cut the corner and use a L bracket on the brace to pull the liner forward. Refer to pro comp instructions on bracket and google small or large norcal mod. Also trim front valance to point where it hides the bumper tabs.
Look at page 18
https://www.procompusa.com/aux_incl/pdf.ashx?pdf=51947B_K1141B_INST.pdf&line=EXP

OP
OP
youngt_savage

youngt_savage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't run a 3.5 level without a diff drop. It's already at bad angles with 2.5 and no lift UCAs. You need to do a small norcal mod and trim the bumper brace bracket behind the front side of liner. Cut the corner and use a L bracket on the brace to pull the liner forward. Refer to pro comp instructions on bracket and google small or large norcal mod. Also trim front valance to point where it hides the bumper tabs.
Look at page 18
https://www.procompusa.com/aux_incl/pdf.ashx?pdf=51947B_K1141B_INST.pdf&line=EXP

Appreciate all the information, do you know of a company that sells just the drop bracket? I can't seem to find one online, I found a fabtech one that comes up in the google search but it doesn't say it's for a Tahoe on the actual site. I'll put a link for reference and if y'all could tell me a brand that makes one or if this is the right fabtech one it'd be greatly appreciated

https://autoplicity.com/2026032-fab...MIlZDi27Lf1wIVUbbACh1oTgdXEAQYBSABEgJ6vvD_BwE

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Appreciate all the information, do you know of a company that sells just the drop bracket? I can't seem to find one online, I found a fabtech one that comes up in the google search but it doesn't say it's for a Tahoe on the actual site. I'll put a link for reference and if y'all could tell me a brand that makes one or if this is the right fabtech one it'd be greatly appreciated

https://autoplicity.com/2026032-fab...MIlZDi27Lf1wIVUbbACh1oTgdXEAQYBSABEgJ6vvD_BwE

Only ones I know of are rough country and can be ordered directly from them. Otherwise it’s some generic eBay brand. I would highly recommend getting the rough country 3.5” kit for $500. It will really help everything you’ve got. Those fabtech ones are made for a 6” kit so they won’t help you very much. Fabtech does make a 4” kit but for the money I would go rough country.

OP
OP
youngt_savage

youngt_savage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only ones I know of are rough country and can be ordered directly from them. Otherwise it’s some generic eBay brand. I would highly recommend getting the rough country 3.5” kit for $500. It will really help everything you’ve got. Those fabtech ones are made for a 6” kit so they won’t help you very much. Fabtech does make a 4” kit but for the money I would go rough country.

I went ahead and got a generic one for now just to get rid of the rubbing issue and not completely **** my front end and I'm onna buy a either a 4 inch bds lift or a 6.5" superlift for tax returns im thinking the eBay will last till then. I should still have to do the NorCal mod right?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I went ahead and got a generic one for now just to get rid of the rubbing issue and not completely **** my front end and I'm onna buy a either a 4 inch bds lift or a 6.5" superlift for tax returns im thinking the eBay will last till then. I should still have to do the NorCal mod right?

You might be ok on back side. Problem is 2.5” puts upper arms almost on droop. 3.5” definitely does without lift uppers. I would look into the 6-8” bulletproof. Doesn’t increase track width and really good parts.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
Just bought an 09 LTZ 4WD and am looking to get 275/60R20 KO2s in a few months. Keeping the stock 5-spoke rims. Will I need to lift the truck at all so it doesn't rub?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2