33 inch tires on 2 inch rc level kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yates_III

Reaction score
thats weird a 265/70/17 tire is 31.7 diameter and 33 is 33 not much difference-you need to rebuild your front diff.

As suspected, I think you are right about a rebuild. It finally snowed where I live, tried to use my 4-wheel high and now the truck rides horrendous. Does this weird bounce when i accelerate and pulls really hard to one side. Come to find out the ONE time I let the wife drive it, she got it stuck and was hitting the 4-wheel drive buttons so I am pretty sure she messed something up...smh

Rio91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2" keys on the front, nothing in the rear. I had to trim my front valance a bit and the wheel well liner on the driver's side as the tire lugs would catch it while in reverse. Keep in mind that not all 33x12.5" tires are really 12.5" wide (For example Atturo tires are narrow even though they're listed as 12.5"). If you get a real 12.5" wide tire you'll probably need to trim. It also depends on the wheel you'll be using, what its width and offet is. For reference, my wheels are 20x9" with a 0 offset.

Regearing, IMO, is not needed for a 33. The only "con" that I've encountered is the truck downshifts on pretty mild inclines on the highway (65ish mph).
I have 2" keys on the front, nothing in the rear. I had to trim my front valance a bit and the wheel well liner on the driver's side as the tire lugs would catch it while in reverse. Keep in mind that not all 33x12.5" tires are really 12.5" wide (For example Atturo tires are narrow even though they're listed as 12.5"). If you get a real 12.5" wide tire you'll probably need to trim. It also depends on the wheel you'll be using, what its width and offet is. For reference, my wheels are 20x9" with a 0 offset.

Regearing, IMO, is not needed for a 33. The only "con" that I've encountered is the truck downshifts on pretty mild inclines on the highway (65ish mph).

I'm also thinking of leveling my 2017 Yukon 1.5 or 2 inches...Ive been looking online for pics of wheels/tires and similar setups. You should post a full profile pic of your ride...looks good from what little i can see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne