305/55/20 Tire and Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless I'm doing 2.5/1 level kit...want to rub stock rims and would prefer not to run a wheel spacer

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not, 1" rear spacer is lifting the truck and thereby clearing the upper shock bolt and stopping the rubbing of the upper plastics...... but i may be wrong.....maybe he put a 1" rear wheel spacer.... lets ask him.... @NGAneer ......esplain plse

Yes. 1" rear coil spacer, not wheel spacer. When the truck would articulate over a large bump (think 90* turn into a steep driveway), the top of the tire leans in towards the body and would rub the liner covering the shock bolt. I know the spacer made a difference in the frequency of the rub because of the greater articulation needed to make it rub. Flipping the shock bolt reduces the severity because it took away the high point of the bolt threads being just behind the liner. Instead of 1-1.5 inches of nut and bolt thread stl king out, there's just 0.5 inch of bolt head sticking out.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. 1" rear coil spacer, not wheel spacer. When the truck would articulate over a large bump (think 90* turn into a steep driveway), the top of the tire leans in towards the body and would rub the liner covering the shock bolt. I know the spacer made a difference in the frequency of the rub because of the greater articulation needed to make it rub. Flipping the shock bolt reduces the severity because it took away the high point of the bolt threads being just behind the liner. Instead of 1-1.5 inches of nut and bolt thread stl king out, there's just 0.5 inch of bolt head sticking out.

Tanks nga ...... ;)

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm debating between a 285/60 and 305/55

Decisions decisions

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just about to ask if a 295/60/20 would fit on the new body style with a 2.5/1".

Really want something thats around 33.5+ x 12" wide

Trying to keep a tame look and aggressive stance with stock rims

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just about to ask if a 295/60/20 would fit on the new body style with a 2.5/1".

Really want something thats around 33.5+ x 12" wide

Trying to keep a tame look and aggressive stance with stock rims

I'm looking for something similar. The 305s are great, especially on width but now that I'm basically at 3/1, it needs more height.

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the shops I talk to keep telling me they won't work well on stock rims or will billow over or I'll need aftermarket rims or spacers..however it seems people with ford f150s or Silverado all have run 305s on stickers. I don't want want anything that looks like pizza cutters

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one will let me test fit tires either so im stuck on sizing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut