305/55/20 Tire and Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin S

Reaction score
And I hope you are ok too! Dont want to be a jerk over here....

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can run a 305/55/20 on stock rims safely? Does ride turn horribly? Do the tires bow out too much on stock rims? Do you have to go aftermarket?

Thanks!

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can run a 305/55/20 on stock rims safely? Does ride turn horribly? Do the tires bow out too much on stock rims? Do you have to go aftermarket?

Thanks!
Stock works.47ee87040242ff6a1f74dc691a5def29.jpg

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock works.47ee87040242ff6a1f74dc691a5def29.jpg

Shops I have been talking to keep saying they will be a little too wide and can mess up the tread wear and another said the offset will create it to hit the control arm or something and slice the tire right open. Any of this true? I feel like I'm just trying to get convinced to buy wheels or wheel spacers

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shops I have been talking to keep saying they will be a little too wide and can mess up the tread wear and another said the offset will create it to hit the control arm or something and slice the tire right open. Any of this true? I feel like I'm just trying to get convinced to buy wheels or wheel spacers
There are plenty of guys running these on stock wheels. I don't have spacers or anything. I rub the sway bar at full lock but its not bad and in no way a danger to the tire. I will admit though I'm not 100% familiar with the layout of the 2015+ suspension, I'd think its pretty similar considering most leveling kits work for NNBS and 2015+.

I had more clearance issues in the back and rubbing the wheel well plastic. Before my 1" rear spacer, I was in danger of rubbing the plastic through to the upper shock bolt. I flipped the upper shock bolt to point inboard and installed the 1" and no problem now.

Tread wear is fine. I run 44 psi on a 65 psi max, E rated tire. I've got 25k on these tires, no problem.

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of guys running these on stock wheels. I don't have spacers or anything. I rub the sway bar at full lock but its not bad and in no way a danger to the tire. I will admit though I'm not 100% familiar with the layout of the 2015+ suspension, I'd think its pretty similar considering most leveling kits work for NNBS and 2015+.

I had more clearance issues in the back and rubbing the wheel well plastic. Before my 1" rear spacer, I was in danger of rubbing the plastic through to the upper shock bolt. I flipped the upper shock bolt to point inboard and installed the 1" and no problem now.

Tread wear is fine. I run 44 psi on a 65 psi max, E rated tire. I've got 25k on these tires, no problem.
Do your spacers may your tires stick out past the wheel wells? I want to be inside or completely flush with the wheel wells

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, but why would a suspension spacer move the wheel horizontally?
Its not, 1" rear spacer is lifting the truck and thereby clearing the upper shock bolt and stopping the rubbing of the upper plastics...... but i may be wrong.....maybe he put a 1" rear wheel spacer.... lets ask him.... @NGAneer ......esplain plse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan