3" spacer lift after a suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPaw

Reaction score
Trying to figuer out if a 3" spacer will give me the right amount of rake after installing a suspension lift with a heavy load in the rear.

I've read that after installing a suspension lift, people install a 2" spacer lift to level out the rear end.

I carry heavy weight in the back from time to time and wanted to know if a 3" spacer will work better for those heavy loads from not looking like a dumped rear end when under load. If a 2" spacer levels out the rear end under no load, wouldnt that make it sag if it was under load?

What say you?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you dont have the rear air leveling shocks...

If you do, and everything is adjusted properly, you should be just fine with a level ride as the shocks will level it back off when you add the load.

If not, well yes, when your vehicle is level without a load and then you add a heavy load, it will end up low out back. That is not rocket science.

Is you vehicle level now with no load? Do you have rear air leveling shocks?

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
I am assuming you dont have the rear air leveling shocks...

If you do, and everything is adjusted properly, you should be just fine with a level ride as the shocks will level it back off when you add the load.

If not, well yes, when your vehicle is level without a load and then you add a heavy load, it will end up low out back. That is not rocket science.

Is you vehicle level now with no load? Do you have rear air leveling shocks?
No rear air ride shocks, looks level with out a load, but Im just trying to avoid it from sagging when under load.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, without air assist there is really no way you can achieve both. If its level without a load and you load it, it will sag. If its level with a load and you unload it, it will be high in the back.

Timbrens will definitely help, but they are not the complete answer in my opinion.

If you are really picky, as I am, install air bags. Thats what I use on my truck. It is level with no load, and when I hook up to any trailer or haul any load, just air up the bags to make it level.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score

The cheapest easiest method would be to add helper bags inside the longer springs. This will allow it to be normal height unloaded and air up for towing. Firestone or air lift can help determine the right bag size depending on spring size.

OP
OP
B

BigPaw

Reaction score
Thanks gents! I dont mind it being a little taller in the rear when unloaded, but I didnt even think about air bags. Will have to consider them then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17