2nd row dome light rattle - 2017 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
I've got a 2017 LT Z71 that's less than a month old. Noticed a rattle coming from a dome light a few days after purchasing it. Took it to the dealership and they said they were going to have to order parts to fix it. Took it back in Wednesday and they replaced the parts (they didn't say specifically what they replaced). It fixed it for a day, but today the rattle is back and seems to get progressively worse. It's definitely coming from the dome light because if I reach back and touch it, the rattle immediately stops - then if I remove my finger it begins again.

I've considered removing it and stuffing some foam up there, but I can't figure out how to get it off without breaking it.

Anyone else have a similar rattle that they've fixed, or have instructions on how to remove the dome light?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but the roof right above my head seems to have started to rattle. Maybe it’s the entertainment center/light behind me. Will need to check.

Gotta track down the other 3 rattles first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttusomeone

ttusomeone

Reaction score
No but the roof right above my head seems to have started to rattle. Maybe it’s the entertainment center/light behind me. Will need to check.

Gotta track down the other 3 rattles first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I've also got a rattle above my head too. They said they re-glued the wire that runs to the handsfree mic and now instead of it rattling all the time it only rattles when I hit a bump so that's better I guess. If I have to take it back in I'm going to have them look at it too. Also had a rattle in the center console but I fixed that with a little foam rubber.

OP
OP
ttusomeone

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Update: I've still got the rattle from the dome light, but all the other ones have been corrected. I've stuffed some foam around it myself but after just driving it, that didn't fix it. I'm going to give it another go, and then I'm taking it to another dealership since after five trips to my local dealer, they were unable to fix it.

Anyone have any tips on what I should try next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent