2nd Row cupholders and air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait.... did you hear something serious that they are going to be making a '15+ second row center console for second row bucket seats???

MTVP

Reaction score
The Dealership messed up the order on my 2017 Escalade short wheel base. It came in with the captain chairs instead of the bench. It has now been resolved. The Dealership tried to weasel out of the $2500 mistake. By saying go home and drive it you'll like the captain chairs, better resale value. Sorry ! I want the bench. I also hear that with only the doors to stowaway your drinks. That when you slam the door. Guess were the liquid may go with a press on type of top? I just like the bench, JMO

Last edited:

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a resolution for the awful cup holders in the doors? I can't believe my $60k vehicle doesn't have usable 2nd row cup holders...

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM in all their brilliant ideas to save a dollar per truck evidently decided against anything but the door cup holders for those vehicles equipped with 2nd row captains chairs, sort of the same way they figured it would be a good idea to do away with the AC vents that used to be in the rear of the center console in the pickups. But, why would anyone who buys a $40k-$70k pickup want rear passengers to have their own modest AC supply?

gjeffrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just chiming in on this so I can see any updates. I just bought a new 2019 Yukon SLT with the Premier package and bucket seats in the 2nd row. There is no place for my kid to put a drink that doesn't rattle or fall to the floor, let alone any other items (like sunglasses, tissues, wipes, electronic cables, etc.). I had the GM 2nd row console accessory in my 2013 Yukon Denali and it worked great - but that is discontinued and does not fit in the 2015+ versions. It would need a custom retrofit, if you can even still find one, which is tough. At this stage, I would spend good money on a total custom solution. Any ideas who might be able to make something like this? It would appear we have a few customers in this forum alone? I am in Houston and may start by finding and talking to a custom car stereo shop. Open to any ideas/leads. Thanks!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just chiming in on this so I can see any updates. I just bought a new 2019 Yukon SLT with the Premier package and bucket seats in the 2nd row. There is no place for my kid to put a drink that doesn't rattle or fall to the floor, let alone any other items (like sunglasses, tissues, wipes, electronic cables, etc.). I had the GM 2nd row console accessory in my 2013 Yukon Denali and it worked great - but that is discontinued and does not fit in the 2015+ versions. It would need a custom retrofit, if you can even still find one, which is tough. At this stage, I would spend good money on a total custom solution. Any ideas who might be able to make something like this? It would appear we have a few customers in this forum alone? I am in Houston and may start by finding and talking to a custom car stereo shop. Open to any ideas/leads. Thanks!

How about something like this? ULEEKA Car Backseat Organizer with 10" Tablet Holder + 9 Storage Pockets Seat Back Protectors Kick Mats for Toy Bottle Book Drink, Universal Fit Travel Accessories for Kid & Toddlers (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY9H3GP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dq1yDbHB8JC6H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjeffrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about something like this? ULEEKA Car Backseat Organizer with 10" Tablet Holder + 9 Storage Pockets Seat Back Protectors Kick Mats for Toy Bottle Book Drink, Universal Fit Travel Accessories for Kid & Toddlers (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY9H3GP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dq1yDbHB8JC6H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the link! These may be a simple temporary option until I can come up with a solution that provides a bit less cluttered look. I will have to see if my 7 year old can reach the back of the seat to grab things while buckled in.

I really do appreciate the reply!

AZ Rat

Reaction score
This was suggested on another forum. This works great for cup holders for the 2nd row. They clip right into the bottom cubby of the back of the front row console. For $20 they rock!

Btw, they even fit 30oz Yetis!

Universal Cup Holder by Accmor, Stroller Cup Holder, Large Caliber Designed Cup Holder, 360 Degrees Universal Rotation Cup Drink Holder, Black, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q78TBFZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AObCDbP6RB09A

gjeffrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This was suggested on another forum. This works great for cup holders for the 2nd row. They clip right into the bottom cubby of the back of the front row console. For $20 they rock!

Btw, they even fit 30oz Yetis!

Universal Cup Holder by Accmor, Stroller Cup Holder, Large Caliber Designed Cup Holder, 360 Degrees Universal Rotation Cup Drink Holder, Black, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q78TBFZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AObCDbP6RB09A

Thank you! I have placed an order already!

I did get the backseat organizer. It’s ok, but I don’t feel comfortable having my 7yr old put a drink in that. Plus the straps are viable in the front seats as they wrap around the seat itself vs the frame of the seat.

Would still like to see a properly engineered rear console that could be installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts