2nd Row cupholders and air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new suburban LT for my wife, most of the ones I can find have the upgrade to 2nd row bucket seats. If we get one with bucket seats, where are the cup holders?

If cup holders are in the door, are the useable?

The other question is where are the vents for the air in the 2nd row and can temperature be controlled by the 2nd row passengers?

Thank you

Broham

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new suburban LT for my wife, most of the ones I can find have the upgrade to 2nd row bucket seats. If we get one with bucket seats, where are the cup holders?

If cup holders are in the door, are the useable?

The other question is where are the vents for the air in the 2nd row and can temperature be controlled by the 2nd row passengers?

Thank you

I don't have a Suburban but I know in my 2016 Tahoe LT, the rear door cup holders are useless for any drink while moving. At best they'd be little open storage areas for coins, loose items or trash. My kids try putting small (16oz) water bottles in them all the time, and they fall out very easily. Thankfully we have a bench 2nd row, so we have the VERY useful cups holders from the middle fold out.

OP
OP
D

dbis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for replying, I was afraid of that. It seems that almost all models I find come with the upgraded bucket seats, which seem more and more like a downgrade.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I have a new Suburban with the bench seat and have a cup holder in the middle of the bench seat and works great. The ones in the door my daughters water bottle was moving all over the place so luckily I have the holder in the middle of the seat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
At first I wasn't really sure about the bench seat and if I liked it but now I do and it's easy to get in the back since all of the seats are,power. I had captains chairs in my Escalade and wanted them in my suburban but the one I wanted had the bench seat and I actually am glad I have the bench seat instead of the captains

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4wheeljive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not aware that GM makes second row consoles for anything 2015 or later. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know! I just got a 2016 Yukon and have been racking my brain trying to find something to put in the second row to hold drinks and make better use of the space.

Johnnyg238

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not aware that GM makes second row consoles for anything 2015 or later. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know! I just got a 2016 Yukon and have been racking my brain trying to find something to put in the second row to hold drinks and make better use of the space.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Suburban but I know in my 2016 Tahoe LT, the rear door cup holders are useless for any drink while moving. At best they'd be little open storage areas for coins, loose items or trash. My kids try putting small (16oz) water bottles in them all the time, and they fall out very easily. Thankfully we have a bench 2nd row, so we have the VERY useful cups holders from the middle fold out.

Second that....door cup holders are totally useless. My buddy used the one in the door the other day and I started yelling at him for dropping stuff in my car, he said - it's not me, it's these POS cup holders.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They don't but hopefully soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345